Someday Wicked will be in Kansas City at a time when I have enough money to buy a ticket. Until then, I’ll have to content myself with the Wicked soundtrack, the book, and the hope that someday, the status on this IMDB page updates to show that it’s in production.
Please forgive the crappy photography and just imagine how this smells.
I’m mostly putting this up here for the sake of my poor memory, but you’re welcome to it.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
3 pounds pork shoulder
1 can of soda (I used Pepsi)
1 can of beer (I used Blue Moon)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used half a bottle of Cookie’s in the crock pot and I’m dressing it with Oklahoma Joe’s)
seasoning to taste (I used some garlic/red pepper from Planter’s, lots of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke, and a bit of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning and a teensy bit of pepper)
1. Place pork shoulder in crockpot and pour in the soda and beer. Enjoy the frothiness.
2. Season the meat that’s still showing above the liquid. Wonder to yourself if you should have coated the meat all over instead of just the top and then tell yourself that it’s in the crockpot, so it doesn’t matter.
3. Pour half a bottle of BBQ sauce over the top of the meat.
4. Put your crockpot on low and leave it there forever. I left it about 11 hours, but that’s because I’m lazy and didn’t want to get out of bed.
5. Remove any netting that might be around your pork and shred it. Pretend you are Wolverine and let out your aggression.
6. Grab a bun and stack it with delicious meat. Slather it in BBQ sauce. Send pictures to your friends so they can be jealous.
I’ve seen this talk a few times and I love it. I admire her perspective, her poetry and the way that she speaks.
I feel lucky when I can say three sentences without fumbling for words and then making a crack about how I speak for a living and here she is, speaking for 18 minutes and sounding confident and rhythmic.
(And yes, I know that there’s at least two people who saw that title and wondered if the pod people have me. They don’t, it’s just the name of the talk.)