So, you already knew I was lazy, right?
Then everyone (but Jess) will forget the fact that I haven’t posted in, um, two weeks.
In this time, you have missed:
A trip to an alpaca farm
A trip to the Ren Fest
Rearranging my apartment
Replacing my cable box (again)
The start and finish of a sock
Having my ex over for an evening of nothing exciting
My cat getting fleas
My mom’s birthday
Pick one and I’ll expand on it as much as I can remember in a future entry.
I went to Panchos for dinner. There’s one on my way home, it’s located on 87th street, just east of 69 highway.
Earlier today I heard about their Texano burrito which has chicken, potatoes, cheese and sour cream in it. It was delicious and it only cost me $3.50. Gotta love that.
Another plus to Panchos is that it’s open 24/7.
The only sad thing for me is that they don’t have chilaquiles. Anyone know where I can get chilaquiles in Johnson County?
Perhaps you know the answers. If so, please comment or email me!
1. Know where I can get a few pounds of cotton/wool roving in a dark non-pink grey? Preferably under $30/pound.
2. Why has my apartment turned into a cricket graveyard? As soon as I think I’ve picked them all up, I find another one.
3. Are you going to the Ren Fest this year?
4. Want to buy something from me? I have games, CDs, DVDs, and all sorts of random stuff.
5. Do you think I will meet my goal of finding a new boytoy by the end of the year? Discuss.
6. Will you clean my bathroom? I will pay you/barter goods. Just not, you know, myself.
7. Why is Etsy not letting me buy one of the bags I want?
8. Did Mom bribe Etsy to not sell me stuff?
9. Will you help me sew stuff? I can knit all sorts of stuff, but properly threading my sewing machine gives me hives.
10. Why does Spaz act like a crackhead? She’s all twitchy.
11. Do you find that you are able to drag on blog entries when you do lists? I do.
12. Buy me a car?
13. Do you suffer from triskaidekaphobia?
14. What do you think about my new shoes?
15. Did you ever think I was going to stop?
1. Apparently fast food companies hate us and think that America is full of morons. I’m basing this decision off TV commercials I have seen this past month. I am not sure I’ve seen a TV commercial for a fast food restaurant that hasn’t made me consider throwing something at the TV.
2. I have found about a gazillion dead crickets in my apartment. I applaud the fact that Spaz is taking action and taking out the crickets, but can’t she carry them to the trash can or her litterbox or something? I hate touching insects, dead or alive.
3. Rockstar by Nickelback has been stuck in my head for a week or two now. It wouldn’t be so bad, if it would go away when I listen to it, as normally happens for me. But no, it looks like it’s sticking. On the subject of earworms, Jolly Holiday from Mary Poppins wanders in and out of my mind at least once a week. Shoot me, please.
4. It’s getting dark earlier and earlier outside which is fine with me because that means that it’s getting cooler outside and before you know it the leaves will be turning orange and yellow and red and that great fall scent will be in the air. I only have two problems with this fact. The first is that whenever I turn on my headlights I have to use pliers because the knob broke. Picture doing that for a week. The second problem is that my apartment complex has the lights for the entryway on a timer and they don’t turn on until around 9:30 or so. It was rainy today and honestly, I could have stood to have the lights on at 6:30 when I came in.
5. I’m broke. It really sucks when you have to seriously consider whether or not you want to use some of the remaining money in your bank account to purchase toilet paper. It was only $2.99, so it wasn’t that hard to decide. But still…the fact that I had to stop and think about it sucks.
6. Dating in KC or even thinking about dating in KC is wretched. I can’t think of good places to go to meet guys. Everywhere I can think of is either booze-related or somewhere I’m not likely to find a straight guy who wasn’t dragged there by his wife or girlfriend. Any suggestions?
Last night, I had a dream. In this dream, I had pulled all the stuff out of my bathroom and cleaned the floor (a dream indeed). I had left it overnight to dry or…I don’t know. When I woke up in my dream and went into the bathroom in the morning, the area around the toilet was all filled with huge cobwebs and crickets that had been caught and wrapped up by the spider.
I figured that a spider who made such huge webs and caught such large prey must surely still be around, so I looked around to know what area to be most afraid of until I could convince myself or someone else to dispose of the spider.
When I found him, I nearly had a heart attack. The spider was about the size of a baby’s fist once you factor the legs in. But the truly creepy part for me was that his pinchers were as long as his body. Now that I’m awake, I know that can’t be possible because he’d be front-heavy and always tipping forward. You don’t think about *that* in dreams, I promise.
When I woke up this morning, I was scared to go into the bathroom! Finally made myself check it out and it’s as dirty as ever with no spiders. Hurrah! First time I’ve ever been glad that my bathroom was dirty.