1. Cardigan in case it gets cold.
2. CDs, because you can’t trust the radio when you travel.
3. Sunglasses. I am a delicate flower and do not do well with direct sunlight.
4. Book. I NEED a book.
5. Shoes that are easy to put on/take off.
6. Pillow if it’s a really long drive.
I am a walking dictionary. If someone is going to ask, “how do you spell…?” they invariably turn to me. Or a dictionary. Whichever’s closest.
That said, I do occasionally have a problem with spelling. Typically, if you see something spell wrong from me, it was a typo.
HOWEVER, I am willing to share with you the one word I consistently have problems with.
This is my death word. I have to stop and think about it ever fucking time I write it. I’m going to spell check it before I put it in here.
I see that everyone is giving out landmarks and historical buildings and museums and that shit is all well and good, but when I have the rare opportunity to have someone from out of town visit me, I like to take them somewhere that feels like KC for me. My Kansas City:
1. Winsteads on the Plaza. Sure, you’ll be seeing the Plaza while you’re at it. BUT! Most importantly, you will be introducing your friend to thin steakburgers, the 50/50, the best cherry limeade in the city and a skyscraper shake if they are a very, very good friend and have been behaving.
2. If it’s nice out, either Shawnee Mission Park or Antioch Park. Get some green into your life, walk around, steal the swings from small children and enjoy the water.
3. Cruise down Metcalf.
4. If the time is right, hit up First Friday in the Crossroads. You get to look at neat stores, mock hipsters, enjoy live music and, if you’re feeling really ambitious, look at art.
5. Go eat barbeque. I don’t care where you go to get it, everyone has a favorite place. I’d be most likely to take an out of towner to Oklahoma Joe’s, but I know there are other people who would say Gates, LC’s or one of the myriad other BBQ joints in town. Face it, bad BBQ doesn’t stick around long here in KC. If you pick a place that’s been open longer than 5 years, you’re safe.
These are the things I want to buy in the next 30 days
1. Renew my domain
Crap, this is a fill in the blank list. Umm…best I can do is this:
1. I love baking because it allows me to create. If I do A, B and C correctly and with the proper ingredients, my end result will be something tasty.
2. I love reading because it allows me to escape into another world.
3. I love my phone because it gives me email, internet access, twitter, chat, games, text messages and occasionally, phone calls.
1. Sew myself a skirt
2. Create a sewing center to hold all my sewing supplies.
3. Create a spinning center to hold all my spinning supplies.
4. Create a knitting center to hold all my spinning supplies.
5. Build a bookcase (or three).
I do not have a hard and fast list of things I do every week. Here’s a list of things I would do every week if I were a grownup.
3. Completely emptying the litter from the litterbox, cleaning it and then pouring in fresh litter.
4. Wiping down all surfaces in the bathroom and kitchen.
Below is a list of three good date ideas and one bad date idea. I’ve been on all four dates.
1. Take me to Flying Saucer and we will have many tasty beers and enjoy good conversation.
2. Snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie or a few episodes of TV. Bonus points for pizza and a tasty wine or beer.
3. Make it a brunch date and take me somewhere with tasty breakfast foods. Best followed up by walking around, window shopping and delicious coffee-type beverages.
4. Take me to the best steakhouse in Kansas City and regale me with stories about your past with hookers, blow, how you shouldn’t be drinking on your current medication (best said with a glass of wine in hand) and then end the night by offering me $1000 to go party with you.