Please forgive the crappy photography and just imagine how this smells.
I’m mostly putting this up here for the sake of my poor memory, but you’re welcome to it.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 can of soda (I used Pepsi)
- 1 can of beer (I used Blue Moon)
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used half a bottle of Cookie’s in the crock pot and I’m dressing it with Oklahoma Joe’s)
- seasoning to taste (I used some garlic/red pepper from Planter’s, lots of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke, and a bit of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning and a teensy bit of pepper)
- hamburger buns
1. Place pork shoulder in crockpot and pour in the soda and beer. Enjoy the frothiness.
2. Season the meat that’s still showing above the liquid. Wonder to yourself if you should have coated the meat all over instead of just the top and then tell yourself that it’s in the crockpot, so it doesn’t matter.
3. Pour half a bottle of BBQ sauce over the top of the meat.
4. Put your crockpot on low and leave it there forever. I left it about 11 hours, but that’s because I’m lazy and didn’t want to get out of bed.
5. Remove any netting that might be around your pork and shred it. Pretend you are Wolverine and let out your aggression.
6. Grab a bun and stack it with delicious meat. Slather it in BBQ sauce. Send pictures to your friends so they can be jealous.