Oh, Chiefs. After last season’s 2-14 record, I was determined not to watch anymore. I’d been burned and wasn’t going to fall for it again.
Oh, but then you started to win. I’d flip over to 101.1 and you were winning. I’d get on Twitter and you were winning. You went 9-0 and I (and, I’d like to think, the nation) was suitably impressed. I even bought myself a new Chiefs shirt. I was off the wagon.
Today, I went over to a friend’s house and watched the first half of the game. It was beautiful. We were spanking the Colts and their reaction was basically “what the hell is happening to us?” Unfortunately, they figured out what the hell happened during the half and turned the game around and won.
So here we are, 11-5 and we got one game into the playoffs. And you know what? I’m fucking thrilled. This is so much better than last year that I don’t even care that the Chiefs kept up their time-honored tradition of choking in the playoffs.
I’m looking forward to seeing if they keep up this level of playing next season. In the meantime, I’ll console myself with the knowledge that the first Royals Spring Training game is on 2/27.
Is it just me, or have people been on Pinterest a lot lately? I don’t know if it’s because of work being slow due to the holidays or people using it to make their lives shinier for the new year, but I’ve gotten a lot of notifications on it lately.
If you don’t already follow me on Pinterest, you can find me here. My most popular boards seem to be Tasty Goodness, Doctor Who and Vintage Clothing. Pin away! Send me some good pins, while you’re at it.
I have plans for the weekend of 3/14. They involve me wearing my super duper Veronica Mars t-shirt and sitting my ass down in a theater and watching my most anticipated movie of 2014. That’s right, it rates even higher on the excitement scale for me than The Winter Soldier (hello, Chris Evans!) and The Fault In Our Stars.
It occurs to me that you may not yet have cried so hard this year that your eyes got all puffy and gross. Let me help you fix that problem!
If you’ve not done so already, you need to read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It’s about two young cancer patients who fall in love and go on an adventure.
There’s going to be a movie coming out in June and I’m really looking forward to it.
I’ve been informed that I need to share my Christmas wishlist so people can buy me things.
As I like presents, I feel like I should link you to my Amazon Christmas wishlist.
If you want a Christmas card from me, you have until the 15th to send me your address. If you don’t have an alternate method of contacting me, leave a comment and I’ll send you an email.
Someday Wicked will be in Kansas City at a time when I have enough money to buy a ticket. Until then, I’ll have to content myself with the Wicked soundtrack, the book, and the hope that someday, the status on this IMDB page updates to show that it’s in production.
Please forgive the crappy photography and just imagine how this smells.
I’m mostly putting this up here for the sake of my poor memory, but you’re welcome to it.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 can of soda (I used Pepsi)
- 1 can of beer (I used Blue Moon)
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used half a bottle of Cookie’s in the crock pot and I’m dressing it with Oklahoma Joe’s)
- seasoning to taste (I used some garlic/red pepper from Planter’s, lots of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke, and a bit of Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning and a teensy bit of pepper)
- hamburger buns
1. Place pork shoulder in crockpot and pour in the soda and beer. Enjoy the frothiness.
2. Season the meat that’s still showing above the liquid. Wonder to yourself if you should have coated the meat all over instead of just the top and then tell yourself that it’s in the crockpot, so it doesn’t matter.
3. Pour half a bottle of BBQ sauce over the top of the meat.
4. Put your crockpot on low and leave it there forever. I left it about 11 hours, but that’s because I’m lazy and didn’t want to get out of bed.
5. Remove any netting that might be around your pork and shred it. Pretend you are Wolverine and let out your aggression.
6. Grab a bun and stack it with delicious meat. Slather it in BBQ sauce. Send pictures to your friends so they can be jealous.