This topic is mostly for Linda, since we won’t get to discuss it in person for a few weeks! I’m not even gonna bother talking about the solos because I know you fast-forward. 😉
1. The boys all dancing together – awesome! Costumes were…odd, but whatever.
2. Janine and Ade’s samba – apparently I was the only person watching who enjoyed it, considering how the judges dumped all over it.
3. Melissa and Evan’s Broadway – He is just so CUTE. Loved that routine. It was fun, they were obviously having fun and yay! I hate that version of the song–I think I’ve seen so My Fair Lady so many times that I apparently need to hear that song be slurred. Also? Bite me, Lil’ C. That was an A+!
4. Kayla and Brandon’s contemporary – Nice, but didn’t get me all excited. There were no off moments, there were some cool bits, but it didn’t jump out at me. Maybe because it was contemporary?
5. Janine and Ade’s hip hop – Oh JEEZ. Not more Tabitha and Napolean! *sigh* At least it’s not a couple having problems. That was a lot more fun than I expected. I think she’s officially my favorite girl dancer.
(I know I said I wasn’t going to mention solos, but HOLY CRAP, BRANDON! That was awesome and a half!)
6. Melissa and Evan’s (dreaded) quick step – WTF? When will they give up on this damned dance that KILLS dancers? *sigh* But hey! I thought they did pretty well–I never wanted to look away. Cool lift at the end. And yay! Brian Setzer Orchestra song! Why is Mary complaining about the lift? They didn’t put that in there, the choreographer did! Enough with the whining.
7. Kayla and Brandon’s disco – Eh. Felt like they took a moment to pause and think about it whenever moving into or out of a lift. It always seems that when I don’t care about a disco, the judges love it and when I like a disco, they don’t. Also? Nigel? Look into some ritalin.
8. Girls all dancing together – Good, but not as entertaining as the guys. Uh…Lil’ C? That was a weird-ass commentary. Bowl? Really? Loved the makeup on the girls…I want to be able to do stuff like that.
Who do I want to go on to the top 4? Melissa, Janine, Brandon and Evan. We’ll see…tomorrow!